|Ms Helen Ghebrezabik (f)|
Hello to patients of The Muswell Hill Practice!
My name is Helen Ghebrezadik and I am a clinical pharmacist by background; I spent my pre-registration year at the Whittington Hospital. Since then I have gained experience in a variety of specialities at the hospital.
You may be wondering why a pharmacist would be based in a GP surgery.
Firstly, my role is not to replace the role of a doctor, so if a condition needs diagnosing one of our GPs will always be your first port of call.
Below are some of the ways my role can help
- Long term conditions – for example high blood pressure – we could discuss the medicines you are taking to make sure they are working for you
- After a stay in hospital – if your medicines have changed I can help explain the rationale and help you get the maximum benefit from such changes
- Reviewing your medicines – ideally all patients on long-term medicines should have yearly reviews, health checks can also be carried out at the same time
- Experiencing side effects – if you are experiencing side effects we can discuss what the best options would be such as dose adjustments or switching to another medication
- General medication enquiries – if you have any queries regarding the use of a specific medicine, side effects, interactions, planning to get pregnant/breastfeed and have any concerns
So, I hope that explains a little around my role. Any recommendations I may make will be discussed with your GP first. Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Helen.